Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Sigh...

The teacher in me anal-ness has struck again! I'm not sure how many times in my life I have spent hours upon hours redoing something simply over the fact that I didn't like how it looked. In my classroom I redo everything if it doesn't look uniform and flow well. I can't copy and past items into worksheets, because I have to re-create them to make sure they look nice and neat. It's just a part of who I am, and I have come to realize over the years that, no matter how much time it takes to redo something, it will always make me feel better in the end. And although there are times where I wish I wasn't like this, I know that there are definitely good things that come out of it!

With that being said, today that quality got the best of me. Amongst the boxes that need to be packed, the grad school work that is waiting to be touched, the laundry that could be folded, and so many other things I decided I hated my Tumblr blog because you couldn't customize the look. And who wants to be stuck with the 5 provided, ugly themes they give you for the rest of your life. Apparently not this girl. So... I thought about it, I tried to talk myself out of it, I told myself it didn't matter and it isn't important, and nobody reads it anyways... but none of those reasons seemed to be reason enough for me not to switch blog platforms to one where I could control the look of my blog.

So I did. And in doing that, I wanted to take all the blog posts I have written since Rob and I got married since this blog is, after-all, a compilation of our married-life experiences. And that's what I did. I copied and pasted. And copied and pasted. And re-uploaded photos. And copied and pasted. And 3 hours later, all my Tumblr blog posts were successfully transferred to Blogger and to our new, and (in my humble opinion) very improved blog.

{sigh} I know there are so many better ways I could have used my time today, but I finally have a blog I am excited about the look and potential of, so that counts for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment