Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Check.

I have once again been blessed by the beauty of nature, and lovers and friends all wrapped into an amazing vacation.

Each time I travel I find myself in moments of awe so great that I have to catch my breath and pinch myself just to make sure I’m not dreaming. The most recent trip Rob and I embarked on was no different. We witnessed the beauty of mountains, and oceans and air so fresh it smelled like clean laundry everywhere you walked. I was thrown into culture shock witnessing multiple people literally eating out of garbage cans, and nature shock by seeing an incredibly large mountain peak it’s heads out of the clouds just in time for us to see the fullness of its splendor.

Another vacation that had me snapping the shutter of my camera more times than I could count yet still failing to capture the beauty that lie in front of me- sometimes you must see with your own eye to really appreciate a place.

And that was just the beginning of what made this trip so amazing. It was the late, late night hangouts, and laughing so hard my stomach hurt, and road trips turned snowball fights and spending moments with really really great friends that made it truly the trip of a lifetime.

So we checked another destination, actually two destinations, off our list of travel hopes and dreams and we made memories that will have us smiling for years to come.



What a beautiful and great life we live.

No comments:

Post a Comment