Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Passionate

Writing is a love of mine. At least that is what I have always believed. It’s a way to sit down and really hash out the emotions of my heart. The ones I sometimes didn’t even know I had until my fingers hit the keyboard and my brain starts reeling. For some people it’s talking, for some it’s singing, and for others it’s going for a long walk or run. For me, writing has always been a way for me to look inside of myself and see what is going on in there.

Since grad school began, all my creative writing energy has been poured into it. Between discussion boards, research papers and article summaries, my brain has been forced to produce scholarly writing for the sake of a grade. And let me tell you, when you spend an hour or two a day writing papers, the last thing you feel like doing is sitting down at your computer to write even more.

This is what has happened to my blogging. I have simply let it fall to the wayside because, at the end of the day, my supply of creative energy is completely empty and I don’t feel like I have a drop left to pour out into writing that is not required.

It was’t until today, after reading some blogs, that I realized how much I have been missing being able to sit down and just write whatever is on my heart. It is, after-all, my free form of therapy. Right next to praying and reading the bible.

So I’m back. Maybe just for today, when my heart is stirring with the desire. Or maybe for the next few months as I hash out some major life decisions. But whatever the case may be- this hiatus has been a blessing in disguise, because it has opened my eyes to the reality that I have a passion for writing, one that cannot be fulfilled by typing research papers, or take-home notes to parents. And I don’t plan to ever let that fire burn out.


What passion lies inside of you that you have been failing to kindle the fire of? Whatever it may be, take a hold of it and- if even for a day- allow yourself to revel in the joy that it brings your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment