Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Thursday, July 24, 2014

That Laugh


This laugh. I cannot explain how happy it makes me. And even if I tried, words wouldn’t suffice.

“You may never have proof of your importance but you are more important than you think. There are always those who couldn’t do without you. The catch is that you don’t always know who that might be.” -Robert Fulghum

To my husband: Remember this quote today… You are loved and needed by so many people. Most of all by those who may never express to you just how important you are in their lives. It’s kind of neat to think that we may go our whole lives never knowing the impact we had on people, never knowing who we may have had impact on. I love you so much. But I am not the only one who loves you. Your joy and zest for life shine in the places you will never know that they do. I often tell people, but I don’t tell you enough, that one of my most favorite characteristics about you is that you light up a room. You walk into a room, and the people in the room fill with smiles and laughter and joy, you do that to people. And every time I witness it, it fills my heart with an abundance of joy far beyond what I can tell you.

 I hope you never forget that.


Tell someone in your life today, exactly what they mean to you. Even if your words don’t suffice, the attempt will mean the world to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment