Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Monday, August 11, 2014

New Adventures

In early April Rob and I were faced with a decision. A major, life-altering decision. Rob was offered a job opportunity in Dickinson, North Dakota. So began our journey of decision making, praying and ultimately moving to a whole new place.

I turned in my keys at Oak Grove. We packed up the first house we ever lived in together. We bought our 2nd house in a year and we were off.

So on August 1st, we pointed a very large Uhaul west, and we began a new adventure. Rob + Amber in Dickinson, North Dakota.



I knew it would be hard to leave Oak Grove. I knew it would be very hard to leave our family and many, many great friends. I knew it would be a challenge to leave the life we had build in Moorhead, but leaving our first home was a bit harder than I anticipated. The house we put hours upon hours of work into, making it a home. The house we came home to after our honeymoon, and celebrated many firsts in. Our first house, which will forever hold many memories of a great first year of marriage. 
And we arrived at our new house. A house that holds several future memories. A house that is slowly becoming a home in a town that I am certain holds many adventures for the Remarks.

We've made the move. And though I am uncertain of so many things, terrified of all the unknowns and very slowly adjusting to life in a town where we don't know a soul I cannot wait to see where this journey takes us! And I am so excited that we are writing yet another interesting chapter in our life together.




















Stayed tuned for all the Remark adventures brought to you courtesy of our newest home.

No comments:

Post a Comment