Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Monday, September 8, 2014

Sewing Project... Check.

I'm super proud of my latest sewing project. It's certainly not perfect, but it is complete. Which, these days, is a huge accomplishment in-and-of itself.

Background Story: After leaving my colorfully painted classroom at Oak Grove, I was bummed to enter a classroom that wasn't splashed with color in every which direction. I was certain that I needed to do something to spice up the room, and I knew it would have to be with accents. Enter the curtains. So  I went to JoAnn's and bought yards upon yards of fabric- this was in June.

Then... Packing. And weddings. And more packing. And soaking up our last days in Fargo/Moorhead. And packing and moving.

The fabric sat. Nothing happened and they did not turn into curtains.

We arrived in Dickinson and immediately I went into go mode getting my classroom ready for little kiddos. All of a sudden it was the end of August and I still hadn't gotten to that sewing project that I had bought fabric for way back in June. So I wrote it off and decided that curtains would have to wait until next year.

Until the Friday before school started when I decided that my room was too bare and that I needed to do this project. So I sat down for a 12 hour work session and...












I really love what they add to my room!

1 comment:

  1. Looks great, Amber! Hope your school year is off to a great and "bright" start!

    ReplyDelete