Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Good. So Good.

"Okay God, I hear you, and I priase you because YOU ARE SO GOOD."

Lately these have been the words of my heart. As I have struggled through the days of learning new curriculums, attempting to assist 25 students of extremely varying academic levels, and forging the grounds of living in a new city I have found myself repeatedly praying "God, you are so faithful, you provide and you comfort and you lead and you are just. so. good." 

Today was one of those days. 

I am becoming more and more convinced that God rips us out of our comfort zones and plants us somewhere freightening because He wants to grow us, He wants to use us, and he wants to change our perspective drastically reminding us that we are not on this earth for our glory, but for His glory.

And tonight, as I sit at my computer exhausted from a long, emotional day "on the job" I can pray and rejoice and preach fervently with thanksgiving that God is so good.

Because I know that it was not by my own doing that I just so happened upon a fellowship of believers who would challenge me and grow me and strengthen me in my faith. And I am certain that it was not any action that I took that I was entrusted 25 little lives to touch, and 20 amazing adults to come alongside me. And I believe without a shadow of a doubt that the "should we move", "we are moving", "why did we do this" tears and struggles are part of a great, big, grander plan that I have yet to see.

So tonight, weary, worn, and tired I pray a Thank you Jesus that your plan is so much bigger and better than ours could ever be. Thank you that you are carefully orchestrating events in our lives for Your glory. Thank you that where we cannot see hope and purpose, you show it to us in amazing ways. Thank you for community, and friends and fellowship, for Your hand in all things- big and small. Help me to continue to focus on Your grander plan realizing that it is so much better than my day-to-day priorities.


Love from Dickinson.


No comments:

Post a Comment