Here you are. Reading the crazy, insightful ramblings of our life. So who are we anyways? Rob, Amber and Louis. We’re the Remarks. A couple of lovers, parents, just trying to make it through this thing called life together, while taking some time to enjoy the ride. I’m a teacher, and Rob is an architect (… well, working towards being one). We laugh more than I thought possible, and life feels like one constant adventure. So jump on our train for a while, and ride along with us. Maybe you’ll learn a thing or two, maybe you’ll laugh, or maybe you’ll shed a few tears. Whatever it is, I hope you feel somehow connected to the Remarks.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Projects.

Here and there when I have a husband who is studying and a weekend that isn't packed with commitments, schoolwork or grad school of my own I get to take on some sewing projects. And I must admit, sewing makes my heart happy. It's such a rewarding hobby, you start with nothing but some fabric and at the end of it you {hopefully} have something that is useful in some way.

Over the last year we have had many babies born into our life (see last post), so my sewing projects have had purpose and focus to them. I have so enjoyed these challenges and successes as I have seen projects unfold- blankets, clothes, headbands, changing pads... 

Introducing my new-found and much-loved hobby:

onesies





shirts



 blankets



portable changing pad 


But my favorite thing of all about it is seeing all the many wonderful photos of the projects being put to use:







Oh, what a joy it is. The creating, the giving and seeing them used.


No comments:

Post a Comment